[open-government] List of catalogues and applications

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sat Jan 15 12:50:04 UTC 2011

Hi Antti,

On 15.01.2011, at 13:00, Antti Poikola wrote:

> Hi Jonathan and Daniel,
>
> I'm desperately trting to build a usable overview of the demand and supply of the Gov Data. This is for the reasons of strategical planning of the Helsinki Region Infoshare project, so that it would be easy to explain for all stakeholders these issues.
>
> I try to do it by going trough current catalogues and apllicatios/application ideas.
>
> I think it makes sense to build on top of the existing work right?

Absolutely. The initial work that has been done on the mapping project had so far not had a continuation.

> 1# Is it possible to update and edit this list of catalogues: http://opengovernmentdata.org/catalogues/

Yes, absolutely.

> 2# There was this form: http://opengovernmentdata.org/form/ could I get access to the results?

Here are the links:

Catalogues: http://bit.ly/ogd-catalogues
Form: http://bit.ly/ogd-cat-form

Competitions: http://bit.ly/ogd-competitions
Form: http://bit.ly/ogd-comp-form

There is also this list on EU official data catalogues
http://bit.ly/ogd-eu-official-catalogues

> 3# Jonathan resently send out LOD-project related request of EU member state catalogues...

And the recent list of the LOD2 project:
http://lod2.okfn.org/eu-data-catalogues/

What do people think is it worth start an other spreadsheet on Apps?

I think it makes sense to have the lists on catalogues and competitions  separately for some use cases but for the world map[1] we need the information to be merged and with lat/long info. I am still not happy with the way this information is displayed. Over all the map is not jet automatically synced with the content of the spreadsheets. The kml file has to be created manually from here: http://bit.ly/ogd-world-map

So I think there is room for consolidation and extension of the mapping project. It would be good to find a way to pull information from the catalogues and competitions spreadsheets automatically into the world map spreadsheets and automatically create a new klm file after any changes? This way we would need to add lat/long information two the catalogues and competitions spreadsheets as well.

I am cc'ing this email to the ogd and euod lists since I think any contribution is very welcome.

Any suggestions welcome.
Daniel

1. http://opengovernmentdata.org/map/

--
Daniel Dietrich

The Open Knowledge Foundation
www.okfn.org  -  www.opendefinition.org

Project Coordinator of the Open Definition

Coordinator of the Woking Groups
WG on Open Government Data
WG on Open Data in the EU

Web: www.okfn.de
Mail: daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mobil: +49 171 780 870 3

Open Knowledge Foundation Germany
Erkelenzdamm 59-61
D-10999 Berlin
http://goo.gl/maps/TaC6

This email is confidential. If you are not the right
addressee please do not forward it, please inform
the sender, and please erase this e-mail including
any attachments. Thanks.