[open-government] USPTO Patent Data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jan 18 10:53:18 UTC 2011

Not sure this is exactly the right list :) -- perhaps better to ask
this sort of thing on:

<http://getthedata.org/>

That said some comments inline below

2011/1/17 Amrapali J Zaveri <amrapali.j.zaveri at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I am a PhD Student at the University of Leipzig and am currently working on
> a project to evaluate health-care disparity between active areas of
> biomedical research and the global burden of disease [1].
>
> I am interested in including patent data as part of my research. I was
> looking at the datasets [2] already converted to RDF and found only one
> dataset related to patents [3]. However, I was wondering if the USPTO Patent
> data [4] has been converted to RDF yet? If not, is it going to be converted
> in the near future? Else I would be converting the data, but incase anyone
> has already encountered similar XML structures in related data and performed
> similar conversion, please could you share some information. That would be
> very helpful.

This query could be useful:

<http://ckan.net/package?q=patent>

In particular:

<http://ckan.net/package/patent-nber>
<http://ckan.net/package/uspto>

I do not know though whether there is USPTO data in RDF (why
specifically do you need it in RDF?). There is some non US patent data
available as linked open data though:

<http://ckan.net/package/patents-data-gov-uk>

Regards,

Rufus