[open-government] We've reached 500 members - what next?

Neil McEvoy neil at mcevoy.biz
Fri Jun 3 10:23:15 UTC 2011

Hey Tim

For sure I'd be glad to.

And the other message about focusing on areas like procurement is also
great fit for this.

For me Open Government is most powerful when it's applied
multi-dimensionally, by which I mean Open Innovation, Open Data as well as
Open Source.

For example one of the projects I have been piloting is 'OpenRFP.net', the
use of Drupal applied to government e-procurement, with a view to not only
using open source software but also making the process itself more open,
so that small businesses and individual contractors can more easily access
government spending.

I'd like to add Open Data feeds of their procurement spending into this
mix too to add that dimension. Then we have a demonstration not just of
Open Data technologies but also with a clear link to policy benefit
(addressing social exclusion etc.)

Neil.