[open-government] next steps mapping OGD

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sat May 21 13:09:28 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I just had a chat with Maurizio Napolitano (napo) about the "mapping of OGD" [1] at www.opengovernmentdata.org - plans are:

* Mapping OGD
* Consolidate lists of catalogues, competitions and organisations in Google Docs (ddie +all)
* Extract information from Google Docs and build open layers for a map (napo)
* Display this map on website http://opengovernmentdata.org/data/map/ (napo)
* Enhance structure in Google Docs for the maapping purpose (ddie)
* Write a script that automatically pulls information from Google Docs to the map (napo)
*

I am really excited, because its something I wanted to do for very long time. Now it's getting real with the help of Maurizio!

Comments and helping hands welcome!

All the best
Daniel

1. http://opengovernmentdata.okfnpad.org/website