[open-government] [ckan-discuss] next steps mapping OGD

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Sun May 22 09:50:29 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

On 21.05.2011, at 21:43, Jonathan Gray wrote:

> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Daniel Dietrich
> <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org> wrote:
>> * Consolidate lists of catalogues, competitions and organisations in Google Docs (ddie +all)
>
> Regarding the first of these things - a brief note to say that CTIC,
> RPI, OKF and others have agreed to cooperate on a shared list of data
> catalogues which will live at datacatalogs.org - and will be able to
> be pulled from there to lots of other places. A bit more info on this
> is available at notes from this meeting in Edinburgh:
>
> http://lod2.okfn.org/2011/05/04/notes-from-data-catalogues-interoperability-workshop-edinburgh-3-4th-may-2011/

Excellent!

> In this first instance we wanted to integrate lots of the existing
> lists into one place. Perhaps we could arrange to do a session on this
> next week?

Yes, lets do this.

I think it's really just go through the 5 sheets in the Google Doc. There are multiple duplications.

However It would be good to agree on a scheme before consolidation. Some of the sheets have lat/log (which is obviously good to have) wile some others have "geographical regions" like Oceania.

Theres are some of the fields used in the different sheets:

LONG	LATT
REGION
STATE
LOCATION
COVERAGE
NAME
URL
STATUS
RUN BY
URL
LAUNCHED
IS THE DATA "OPENLY LICENSED"?
BULK DOWNLOAD?
API AVAILABLE (Y/N)
AVAILABLE DATA FORMATS (E.G. RDF, CSV, XML, ...)
CKAN PACKAGE

I consider these useful. There are some others I am not sure about:

If API available - what kind of API
Number of data sets available
Used technology for data portal
APPS available (Y/N)
Nr of APPS available
Any ongoing competitions?
OGD events calender for country available (Y/N)

Can we agree on the scheme? Also I know Tim is doing something on this. @Tim what do you think?

Regards
Daniel