[open-government] Do the Open Government Partnership endorse a clear definition of Open Data ?

Pierre Chrzanowski pierre.chrzanowski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 11:01:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am drafting a proposal for an Open Government Data Initiative and I was
wondering if the OGP was endorsing a clear definition of Open Data such as
the Open Definition ? I did not find any. The only citation i found was in
the declaration : *"We commit to pro-actively provide high-value
information, including raw data, in a timely manner, in formats that the
public can easily locate, understand and use, and in formats that
facilitate reuse.".*

I am asking this because I see more and more international organisations
and countries backing the OGP, which is a very good news, but once you
enter in the process of data licensing and formats it seems everyone still
has its own view.

Regards

--
*Pierre Chrzanowski*
Skype: pierre.chrzanowski // Twitter : piezanowski