[open-government] Socrata Open Data Standards - Your Thoughts?

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:18:07 UTC 2012

Greetings all;

I would love to hear your thoughts about these proposed standards?

I see Open Geospatial Consortium, linked data ideals and DOI, data and
preservation and infrastructure as missing.  But I do not know enough to
know if those matter in this context.

It would be good to hear from science, libraries, archives and so on these
matters.  I am concerned that data preservation, dissemination and
management practices as seen in CODATA, GEOSS, GSDI, ICPRS, OGC and IASSIST
and others.  Also, that groups are not overlapping much.  More so, these
principles and standards might become the norm, and they may negatively
influence data policy if not done well at the beginning.

Sincerely
Tracey

--
Tracey P. Lauriault