[open-government] [PMO Network] Open Up Your Legislature (!)

Lindsay Ferris lferris at sunlightfoundation.com
Tue Sep 2 13:50:32 UTC 2014

This is great! Thanks so much for Civio's support!

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Javier de Vega <javier at civio.es> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> You'll find the letter translated to Spanish on the following link:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ubj1PkaQhCaPcmqsSIE4T24MpRVMb2gSnpDLpJ4S8e8/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Within the next days we will prepare a press release about this
> initiative to share with the Spanish media.
>
> Regards!
>
> Javier
> --
> Javier de Vega
> +34 650 074 421
> javier at civio.es
> www.civio.es/en

> > Hi John,
> >
> > Thanks for this initiative. We at Fundación Civio [1] will gladly
> > endorse and sign the letter and try to reach the media during Global
> > Legislative Week in Spain. Besides, we are currently translating the
> > letter to Spanish in order to share it with all of you soon. Regarding
> > Spain, the information linked about the national assemblies is
> > correct.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Javier
> > -----
> > Javier de Vega
> > Fundación Ciudadana Civio
> > javier at civio.es
> >

> > [1] http://www.civio.es/en/

> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I'm sure most of you are aware of the several events surrounding the
> Global
> >> Legislative Openness Week (GLOW) from September 15 to 25.
> >>

> >> In coordination with events during the week, Sunlight is planning to
> launch
> >> a quick campaign to raise awareness around the importance of open
> formats
> >> when publishing legislative information. We intend to send a letter to
> all
> >> the national legislatures around the globe calling them to make
> >> parliamentary data "open data by default," in agreement with the
> principles
> >> of the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness. You can find the letter
> >> attached as a PDF, ODT and in a viewable google document.
> >>

> >> We'd love to get as much support as possible from supporting national
> and
> >> local level PMOs and members of global transparency community to help
> >> demonstrate the constituents' appetite for transparency, and the local
> >> impact this type of action can have. If you want to endorse the letter,
> >> please let us know before September 10.
> >>

> >> We also encourage everyone to not only sign the letter, but also
> translate
> >> it to your local language and try to get some local media attention
> through
> >> press releases, social media or other media hooks for the week of
> September
> >> 15. OpeningParliament has grown into a truly global network, and we've
> >> managed to create a strong consensus for how legislatures should
> operate. We
> [...]

Lindsay Ferris
International Policy Associate | Sunlight Foundation
202.742.1520 (w) | 703.945.3659 (m)
[image: Sunlight Foundation] <http://sunlightfoundation.com/> [image:
Sunlight Foundation on Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/sunlightfoundation>[image: Sunlight Foundation on