[open-government] EPHackathon] AT4AM / Akoma Ntoso

Juan Eduardo Hernandez juan.eduardo at poderopedia.com
Sun Jan 11 20:14:21 UTC 2015

Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org> wrote:
Hi all,

in terms of cool AN tooling, I want to also point people at the amazing
work that my colleague Greg Kempe has been doing with South African bylaws (
http://openbylaws.org.za/). The frontend is cool, but what's awesome is the
backend tooling he's developed for turning plain text into AN XML. It comes
with a WYSIWYG editor for turning semi-structured docs into AN.

* Ruby gem for extraction: https://github.com/longhotsummer/slaw
* https://github.com/longhotsummer/openbylaws.org.za

Cheers,

- Friedrich