[open-humanities] 18th-century texts online accessible

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Apr 26 13:55:55 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 14:53, Philippe Aigrain
<philippe.aigrain at sopinspace.com> wrote:
> I confirm: this is a close consortium collaborative effort with no
> public access at this time, and even extrapolating, one can fear that
> the future public access will be limited to the surface (an interactive
> presentation of the laid out text) and no open access for the sources
> (the TEI XML encoded text and the layout software).
>
> This has in my opinion to be checked before it can be endorsed by
> OKF/CKAN, no ?

Given the update on the license this wouldn't be a project that would
be directly endorsed by the OKF since the material isn't open. That
doesn't mean it couldn't be registered on http://ckan.net/ as that can
include material that while not yet open could be open etc. At the
same time I think it is nice to hear of a project making steps towards
open if they haven't got there yet!

Rufus

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation