[Open-Legislation] API for parliaments / election results

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Nov 6 10:09:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 09:12:57AM +0100, Hanssens Bart wrote:
> Just wondering, with all the initiatives (*) about opening parliament info (Q&A, Members .)
> if there is some kind of "standard" API and/or export format for accessing this data ?

we defined some for data on reps a few years back together with memopol, but i
think we never publicly announced it. iirc we were busy coding and defending
freedom instead of playing standardization committee. :P

> I know OASIS is working on standardizing Akoma Ntoso / LegalDocML,

tbh most of this information does not need the bloat that comes with XML and
UN committee outputs...

> so perhaps that could be used as a format for serializing some parts of parliamentary info,
> but an general API would still be useful IMHO

i have still to see a use-case and demand for such.

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF