[Open-Legislation] Opening up South Africa's by-laws

Greg Kempe greg at kempe.net
Tue Oct 29 12:25:28 UTC 2013

Hi Francis,

The current value adds of cross-linking within (and soon between) by-laws is automated. As you point out, it can be tricky because of the myriad ways a piece of legislation can be written. My take on it is that even an ok job is better than none at all, so start with the basics and then improve.

I'm working on funding to build this into an open source platform for consuming and transforming legislation into Akoma Ntoso. I'll keep this group posted.

Greg

--
Greg Kempe
t +27 78 246 1116