[open-linguistics] [LLOD] LOD Cloud Validator

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian_nordhoff at eva.mpg.de
Wed Aug 22 14:37:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:16:40 +0200, Sebastian Hellmann
<hellmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just found this LOD Cloud Validator:
> I am not sure yet, if it will be of any help though:
> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/ckan/validator/validate.php
>

> For:
> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/ckan/validator/validate.php?package=glottolog-langdoc
> It found out that there is no author given among other things

I tried to add the required information. I found the following issues
difficult to address:
- Missing download(s). Please provide a link to the download file(s) if
available in the Downloads & Resources section
--> There is no such section on thedatahub.org

- Missing instance namespace. Please provide the namespace used for
instances of the dataset.
--> I do not know where to put this information

The test site does an automatic check for the availability of the example
resources and indicates 404. This is incorrect, as c&p of the link given
does resolve.

Additionally, Opera does not provide access to all pages of
thedatahub.org. I then used Firefox, where access to submenus was
possible. This might be worth looking into, as the bug is rather subtle
(you do not notice that you do not see something you were supposed to see)

Best
Sebastian N