[open-linguistics] Princeton WordNet RDF

John P. McCrae jmccrae at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Apr 16 13:30:20 UTC 2014

Princeton University in collaboration with the Cognitive Interaction
Technology
Excellence Center of Bielefeld University are proud to announce the first
RDF version of WordNet 3.1, now available at:

 http://wordnet-rdf.princeton.edu/

This version, based on the current development of the WordNet project,
intends to be a nucleus for the Linguistic Linked Open Data cloud and the
global
WordNet projects. The data are accessible in five formats (HTML+RDFa,
RDF/XML,
Turtle, N-Triples and JSON-LD) as well as by querying a SPARQL endpoint.
The model is itself based on the *lemon* model and follows the guidelines
of the W3C OntoLex Community Group.

We have incorporated direct links to the previous W3C
WordNets, UBY, Lexvo.org, VerbNet as well as translations collected
by the Open Multilingual WordNet Project. Furthermore, we include links
within the resource for previous versions of WordNets to further enable
linking. We are interested in incorporating any resources that are linked to
WordNet and would greatly appreciate suggestions.

Regards,
John P. McCrae, Christiane Fellbaum & Philipp Cimiano