[open-linguistics] Telco Doodle / LLOD diagram update

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Tue Apr 29 13:37:22 UTC 2014

Dear all,

the Doodle for the May telco is open under:
http://doodle.com/cnktmtnq5ica4iuf. An important topic is finalizing the
LLOD diagram for the LDL workshop (the April edition I sent around was a
draft to facilitate comments only). Please let me know about any
suggestions for the update (missing datasets, missing links, wrong bubble
size, etc.)

The diagram is built automatically from datahub.io.

To have your datasets included, please make sure that
- at least one URL provided for data or end points is up and running
(otherwise, it will be removed by the script),
- the tags include "llod" and/or "linguistics"
- the tags define the type of your resource (you may use the categories
 from the draft, use conventional expressions like "corpus", "lexicon",
"wordnet", "thesaurus", "typological data set", or define your own tags)
[At the moment, heuristically interpreted as categories, see
https://github.com/jmccrae/llod-cloud.py. In the longer perspective to be
replaced by categories defined in an ontology]
- the size of the resource is specified under "Additional Info" using the
field "triples" with the value "..." (the number of triples), cf.
http://datahub.io/dataset/dbpedia for an example
- the links with other resources are specified in the same way using the
field "links:xyz" with xyz being the datahub entry you would like to link
to, cf. http://datahub.io/dataset/dbpedia for an example
- Resources without links to other LLOD resources are excluded. We do
currently not check whether there are any additional links beyond those
specified in the metadata.

Best,
Christian
--