[open-linguistics] Open Linguistics updates

Christian Chiarcos chiarcos at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Dec 5 12:11:36 UTC 2016

Dear all,

2016 has been an active and enormously busy year for people working on
linked data and open data in linguistics and natural language processing.
We have had a very nice and well-attended workshop on Linked Data in
Linguistics at LREC-2016, we've seen a growing number of related
workshops, we are in the process of starting a new series of full-fledged
conferences, numerous publications have been put forward (including the
final OntoLex report), and quite a few interesting projects have been
started.

However, with the New Year approaching fast, I realized how little of this
has been communicated over the list, so I would like to help reviving the
tradition of 6-weekly telcos by asking around for time preferences to have
a skype (or hangout) call in December.

Topics include:
- updates since summer 2016 (workshops, conferences, standardization
activities, projects)
- status of LLOD and LLOD infrastructure
- upcoming events: Language, Data and Knowledge (LDK-2017), Summer
Datathon on Linguistic Linked Open Data (SD-LLOD 2017)
- workshop plans: where and when to hold the next issue of Linked Data in
Linguistics
- defining/confirming data categories for the LLOD cloud diagram
- more to be added

So, what are your ideas on possible times and further topics?

Best regards,
Christian
--
Prof. Dr. Christian Chiarcos