[open-literature] Printing Open Shakespeare texts

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Apr 16 16:25:30 UTC 2010

On 7 April 2010 10:46, Ben O'Steen <bosteen at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Lulu.com is fine - you should be able to simply upload the pdfs to it
> and it'll be printable. The pricing is expensive, but at least the
> pricing and end-results are clear.

I've now had a first stab at creating a lulu edition (and created and
open-shakespeare account ...):

<http://www.lulu.com/author/content_revise.php?fCID=8660022>

It wasn't the most satisfying experience as:

* it took 45m
* the result is far from perfect
*  it turns out there isn't enough time between now and OKCon (next
Saturday) to get a printed copy!

However, it was useful and we can probably make it better and you can
now get a "dead-tree" version of Hamlet (though not yet with
annotations incorporated ...).

I'm now looking to get a copy printed and bound in Cambridge by JS
Wilson. I think I'll look to do the Tempest as we have a cover design
for that:

<http://wiki.okfn.org/p/Open_Shakespeare/Book_Design>

@Ben: if you were able to do a by-hand one as well that would be amazing!

Rufus