[open-literature] Quick Update

Open Shakespeare open-shakespeare at okfn.org
Sun Jul 18 10:02:14 UTC 2010

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick email to let you know where we stand with the project.
First, though, a brief apology: I'm currently working full-time at a
residential summer school, and have not had the as much time to work
on Open Shakespeare as I would have liked recently. Despite this, we
have quite a bit of material to put up on the website / blog, which
should be happening very soon. I think particularly of The Rape of
Lucrece introduction, which I shall post this morning.

Hazel has just finished editing Rachel's introduction to Venus and
Adonis, which, once slightly improved, shall appear online soon.

Elsewhere in Shakespeare's poems, Alan Tarcia has produced a new draft
of his introduction to The Phoenix and the Turtle
(https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXG9TTdQd8dvZGdjMnR6cW1fMTJnNDhoemtndg&authkey=CLywn9IK&hl=en),
as well as a longer piece
(https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXG9TTdQd8dvZGdjMnR6cW1fMTVjY3NoZ3RnNQ&authkey=CLPotIkI&hl=en)
 for the blog.

The latter of these needs someone to check the copy, and the former
should only require a quick read through. Do have a look at the links,
and then email the list if you fancy doing this bit of editing. If
there are no takers within a week, I shall try and find the time to do
it myself.

Is anyone interested in writing for Word of the Day? It has gone a bit
quite since my Wimbledon-themed entry, although I note that we have
acquired several new suggestions for words. 'Tent' is particularly
good if anyone fancies it.

One final thing, which I should have made a bit clearer before: it is
best that anyone wishing to contact me about Open Shakespeare write to
this address and not my gmail one,  simply because, this way, one
email account can serve as a repository for all OS communication and
nothing else. Similarly, all google documents should have their
sharing settings modified to the option "Anyone who has the link can
edit" - although this sounds frightening, it is both secure (google
backs up any changes to the file) and greatly facilitates the
editorial process.

--
OPEN SHAKESPEARE
'The Marriage of Text and Technology'