[open-literature] Open Correspondence - Letters

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Wed Jul 28 19:51:16 UTC 2010

Hi James,

Just a quick note to let you know that I've just rewritten the load
function and have got all three volumes of letters of Dickens from
Gutenberg into the database so we've gone from 300 to 900 letters. It
appears to have solved the issue of the first letter being empty as it
is cleaner than the last file.

I've just pushed it to Mercurial as I'm not sure if you've started. It
is a simple XML structure but just designed to load the data rather than
transform it and to allow other data sets to be entered into the
database (since the last load command was very tied into the Gutenberg
Dickens file that I was using).

I'll post some documentation over the weekend if folks are happy with
the structure.

Best, Iain