[open-literature] Word of the Day

Open Shakespeare open-shakespeare at okfn.org
Sat Jul 31 16:18:41 UTC 2010

Good Afternoon,

So, Word of the Day is going a little slowly at the moment, despite
some good suggestions. Hence this little message asking if anyone is
interested in doing a short article on any of these words:

Candle
Rose
Whale
Ha
Rope-tricks
Nine men's morris
Happy / Unhappy

General method is to search for occurrences in Shakespeare's opus
using the website, supplementing this information with ides garnered
from general knowledge and the OED entry for the word in question. Do
read a few of the previous WOTDs to get a feel for how they usually
pan out...

Oh, and if you don't like these words, why not suggest others? No
obligation to do it: just make sure to reply to the list, so that you
can inspire others. I must admit that I blatantly stole Jack's idea
for the last WOTD...

James

--
OPEN SHAKESPEARE