[open-literature] Open Letters work

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun May 23 20:09:48 UTC 2010

On 17 May 2010 20:06, print.crimes <print.crimes at yatterings.com> wrote:
> On 17/05/2010 12:01, Rufus Pollock wrote:
>>
>> Done. I note that the front page text seems to have disappeared and I
>> think I need instructions on setting up the db (may be i know them but
>> pls remind me ;) ) to avoid getting 500 errors ...
>>

> It looks like there is a 'Load' command in the cli.py page that you put in
> which calls the main.py and sets up the db and looks much cleaner than last
> time I looked at it.
>
> Sorry, just amended layout.html which seems to have lost somewhere.

Actually it turned out that there had been a bit of confusion -- much
of it caused by me failing to commit a couple of template files a
while back :)

I've just tidied stuff up quite a bit and pushed a bunch of changes.
Main changelog below. I've also deployed changes to server.

You can now see a whole bunch of letters (dates don't seem right!) at:

<http://www.opencorrespondence.org/letters/>

Regards,

Rufus

PS: @Iain: you can put plain old html (e.g. for schema) in the genshi
templates -- you don't need to create it in python ;) Also you can set
page_title in the inheriting template rather than having to set it in
code -- see templates/home/index.html ...

### <http://knowledgeforge.net/letters/hg/rev/383924766fd4>

[wui][m+]: various changes to controllers and templates to do things
more in the pylons/genshi way :).

  * Move all of schema text out of python method into template and
move template to home/schema.html
    * Remove controllers/schema.py and merge method in controllers/home.py
  * letters: realized I had not commited my index.html and view.html
from last time (perhaps why ipe has got confused ;) ...).
    * added these in and reverted controller to close to previous state

--
Open Knowledge Foundation