[open-literature] Kickstarter and Open Shakespeare Edition

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Nov 8 14:01:39 UTC 2010

Hi All,

A couple of months ago James made the suggestion at the meeting of
creating a project on Kickstarter <http://www.kickstarter.com/> for
Open Shakespeare.

This seems a really good idea, and seems worth doing. I think we'd
need to be reasonably specific about what we wanted to do. I think
focusing on the Open Shakespeare *Edition* would be one option, and
could include e.g.:

  * Engage a world-class professor(s) to produce critical notes for
3-5 key editions
  * Engaging designers (or run a competition) to produce covers
  * Professional typesetting etc

What do people think? Do people have other ideas for what we could be
looking for funding to do?

Rufus