[open-literature] Open Literature Bulletin

print.crimes print.crimes at yatterings.com
Sun Aug 14 15:03:34 UTC 2011

James,

Thanks for organising yesterday. Apart from being fun, it was a useful
day and good to catch up with folk there.

Looking forward to the bookscanning hack if that gets off the ground.
Even if not, its something for a quieter weekend.

I've blogged some thoughts at
http://austgate.co.uk/2011/08/thinking-about-texts-and-communities-at-textcamp/
which started off as focussed and then moved into something slightly
different as these things sometimes do.

As per the kitchen conversation yesterday, I've posted an idea onto
ideas.okfn.org re: the open literature manual though I suggested a
cookbook might be of more direct use than just a manual:
http://ideas.okfn.org/ideas/201/create-an-open-literature-manual. I
suppose it could build on Tim McNamara's suggestion of using some of the
ebook enlightenment book but also look at other forms of how to do open
literature.

Anyhow, I've got some things to finish up from yesterday but I'll be in
touch regarding the Dickens once I've finished the latest changes an
uploaded them.

All best,

Iain