[open-literature] John Boe: Introduction to Macbeth, and the 'Essay' section

James Harriman-Smith jh570 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jan 22 14:32:42 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I have posted the first part of John Boe's essay on Macbeth. For future
reference, passing a document through google docs is a good way of getting
rid of text-encoding problems.

Whilst preparing this part of the work for publication, I have made a few
superficial changes. They are:
- The mention of the number of times Shakespeare uses the word 'time' in the
play is now a hyperlink to the 'Statistics' page for Macbeth
- Paragraphing, headers and longer quotes have all been identified with html
markup
- All play titles have been italicised, and those that were in capitals
previously have been placed in Sentence Case.

Given the topic of this essay, I shall add hyperlinks to it on the following
pages in order to weave it into the fabric of Open Shakespeare more
completely.
- Macbeth's short introduction page
- WOTDs on Incarnadine and Happy

Now that there is material in the 'Essays' section, could a link to it
appear on the website? Perhaps between 'Works' and 'Search'?

James