[open-literature] Annotation Sprint

James Harriman-Smith jh570 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 20:56:01 UTC 2011

Dear All,

Things have finally fallen into place at the English Faculty, and the
annotation sprint will go ahead the weekend on 5th-6th February, with Jack
and me on site to make sure everything works smoothly.

The details are all in the poster attached to this email, but I'll also put
a brief summary in plain text at the end of this mail.

 Please advertise this as widely as possible, and, don't forget that, since
this is an online event, participation is easy and more than welcome from
those outside of Cambridge.

Have a good evening,

James

CHANGE CRITICISM FOREVER
Open Shakespeare Annotation Sprint
What would a critical edition of Shakespeare look like if it was edited not
by one scholar but by thousands?
Using specially-designed annotation software we intend to print an edition
of Shakespeare unlike any other, incorporating glosses, textual notes and
other information written by anyone able to connect to
www.openshakespeare.org
Work begins with a two-day annotation sprint...

To participate, drop in to the English Faculty Library Computing Suite
anytime on:
Saturday 5th February: 11am to 6pm
Sunday 6th February: 1:30pm to 6pm

Contact: James Harriman-Smith, jh570 at cam.ac.uk