[open-literature] Text Camp

John Levin john at anterotesis.com
Thu Jul 21 08:19:31 UTC 2011

On 20/07/2011 09:39, James Harriman-Smith wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just a quick email to bring an upcoming event of the OKF's to your
> attention:
>
> ***Text Camp***
> Saturday 13th August
> 10am - 6pm
> Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, London, WC1X 9NG
> (within walking distance of King's Cross)
>
> The day is intended to bring together people interested in the relation
> between open knowledge and literature, and could comprise of any number
> of different activities according to demand.
> Some suggestions:
> - Finding open online editions / translations of texts and scraping them
> - Working on improving the code and/or interface of Open Correspondence,
> Open Shakespeare or Open Milton
> - Any other ideas? Let us know!
>
> James

I won't be able to make this, but FYI I now have access to the recently
released EEBO-TCP texts, as discussed here:
http://textcreate.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/text-creation-partnership-makes-18th-century-texts-freely-available-to-the-public/
http://textcreate.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/what-the-public-release-of-ecco-tcp-texts-means-for-you-now-and-in-the-future/
2188 18th century texts, including Defoe, Burney, Sterne, Burke etc.

I'll write a longer email when I have time, considering what we can do
with this archive.

John

--
John Levin