[Open-science-nl] Nationaal Plan Open Science

Bosman, J.M. (Jeroen) j.bosman at uu.nl
Mon Jan 2 14:20:04 UTC 2017

Hi all,

just wondered whether you saw this blogpost about the National Open Science Plan for the Netherlands, including a national platform that are both currently in the making: https://tulibrarian.weblog.tudelft.nl/2016/12/17/just-science/.

The initiative is from the Ministry and stems from the EU Open Science Conference held in Amsterdam in April 2016.

Bianca and I were interviewed by one of the authors (Anke Versteeg mentioned in the post) from Delft University and we shared our thoughts, also asking for more openness on the process, but otherwise we do not now much much more. It seems a very much top down approach from the Ministry (Sander Dekker).

I am not sure whether we should just wait and see what comes out of it (early February) or try to influence the process now. Wonder what you all think.

Have a great Open Science year!

Best,
Jeroen