[open-science] Publicising the Panton Principles?

Daniel Mietchen daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:52:02 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

thanks for getting this started. A few observations:
-The PP in the circle being close to the CC logo is something that I
actually like and which you probably intended, but I understand that John
may have reservations on this.
- PP has too many possible meanings (e.g. those listed at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pp ), which would dilute the clarity of the
message.
- Instead of the circles fading out in spikes, I would actually prefer somet
kind of meshing gear, to emphasize the reuse aspect. Demo at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gears_animation.gif .
- Red may not be the best colour to choose for something people are intended
to support. Green would fit well in this respect, and it could probably
provide for some spill over from the Green OA movement (in which
repositories also feature prominently).

Daniel

http://www.google.com/profiles/daniel.mietchen