[open-science] Recruiting in open data

Iain Hrynaszkiewicz Iain.Hrynaszkiewicz at biomedcentral.com
Mon Mar 21 18:06:04 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'd appreciate your help in sharing or recommending or applying for a
new opening at BioMed Central. The role will involve managing open
data-related publishing projects at BMC. Please contact me directly if
you'd like to know more.

Product Manager, New Products

The Product Manager, New Products is a critical position within the
publishing division and works closely with members of the Publishing
team, with other Product Managers within the Publishing and other
divisions, the Development team and the Head of Publishing Technology.
The is responsible for driving the development of existing and novel
publishing services and products at BioMed Central.

The role will focus on developing non-journal products, including
databases of images, clinical trials, medical case reports and other
data-related products. It will also focus on improving links between our
publishing services (databases and journals) and links between journal
articles and research data held in third-party repositories.

The role will include identifying and prioritizing product and customer
requirements, defining the product vision, maximising return on
investment and working closely with Development and other teams to
ensure technical and client satisfaction goals are met. The role also
includes ensuring that the products support the company's overall
strategy and goals.

Read more:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/about/bmcjobs#BMC/PMN

Best regards,