[open-science] New comunity member

Paweł Szczęsny ps at pawelszczesny.org
Thu May 5 23:06:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

If I understand the issue correctly, you are looking for a way to
extend MIAME standard (Minimum Information About a Microarray
Experiment http://www.mged.org/Workgroups/MIAME/miame.html ), so it
contains all information required for a correct data analysis. Or in
other words, you'd like to solve the issue of "how" to make data open,
not "if", as life scientists share data quite often. In that case, it
could be reasonable to contact people from FGED Society and work
directly with them.

"Standard" is the next holy grail after data become available. Open
Science helps indirectly by pushing towards data availability -
standards are developed by researchers trying to integrate data. I
don't know, however, if it could help directly, by coordinating
efforts of building common/reusable ontologies across different
domains/fields.

Best regards
PS