[open-science] Who writes on open science in mainstream press?

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:52:59 UTC 2011

Agreed, and even less in the rest of Europe

As a former London based foreign correspondent for Science and Technology
(1995-2000) I must say that, in my experience, the lack of coverage is
'political', and not due to the lack of journalists willing, or able to
produce coverage. Au contraire,  the classical excuse for lack of coverage
 'we do not have room in the next issue' does not apply to online versions,
yet coverage of critical issues, including science, remains limited.

As as researcher, today I can ask the question 'why'  do we have a limited
number of journalists reporting on science?

Hypotheses welcome :-)

PDM