[open-science] Open Science at OKFest!
laura.newman at okfn.org
Mon Aug 27 12:01:33 UTC 2012
For those with OKFest tickets already - only 3 weeks to go!! For those of
you who haven't yet bought yours, get your tickets
*Here are some great reasons why:
1) Amazing speakers: including *Mat Todd* (University of Sydney, Open
Source Drug Discovery), *Carl-Christian Buhr *(European Commission), *Mark
Hahnel *(Figshare), *Tim Hubbard *(Sanger Institute), *Carlos Rossel *(World
Bank) and many, many more.
2) *A science hackathon* (Tue 17th), alongside two full* *of science
seminars, workshops and debates (Wed 18th & Thu 19th). The hackathon is
free to attend!
3) A packed program of* interdisciplinary events*. As well as the science
sessions, find out how open knowledge is progressing in other sectors - a
great opportunity to link up with new people, projects and ideas.
It would be wonderful to see a strong representation from the Science and
Access working groups, and to have the chance to meet in person. Do drop me
a line if you're planning to attend!
Links to find out more:
* The full science programme:
* The hackday programme & sign-up:
* Ticket purchase: http://okfestival.org/early-bird-okfest-tickets/
Hope to see you many of you there!
All the best,
Open Knowledge Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-science