[open-science] Can you help improving the evidence base on open science?

david osimo david.osimo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 16:00:08 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

We're doing a study for the European Commission on Science 2.0 (not exactly Open Science but let's put it aside).

We've been using this list as a source of inspiration and evidence. We've been sharing our working notes on our blog: http://science20study.wordpress.com/

Now, we really need your help. We need to gather the BEST POSSIBLE EVIDENCE showing the Open Science is not a fad, that it's a long term change in the scientific process, and that European science institutions should take this into account.

As you know policy-makers want DATA: statistics, numbers, histograms... (even if not robust). Can you help us gathering more and better data?

We published the final presentation in commentable format: we ask you to share the evidence you have by adding comments to the slides. We have until JULY 24TH to gather it.

Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NF1pSfVYIZywmkDvTqwyoH8KlqO3F6zD0pnQI6TdpOk/edit#slide=id.p22

Thanks!

david

david.osimo at gmail.com