[open-science] Brazilian Citizen Cyber Science Hackfest around Sustainable Development: Call for Ideas

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Tue Jul 24 06:46:02 UTC 2012

Dear list,

I would like to invite you to contribute with ideas to a forthcoming
Citizen Cyber Science Hackfest around Sustainable Development:

http://okfnpad.org/cyberscience-hackfestccd, taking place in Sao Paulo at
the end of the week:

http://br.okfn.org/2012/07/09/brasilhome-hackfest-de-ciberciencia-cidada/

Please suggest good projects that fit this topic and that make use of open
data, open source or open content.

We would like to collect "data about existing citizen science projects that
target in one way or other sustainable development, especially topics like
deforestation (like the ForestWatchers project - forestwatchers.net),
deglaciation, species depopulation and other georeferenced challenges where
citizen data collection can make a difference". (quoting Francois's e-mail)

"There are hundreds of such projects, and what I hope our event can help
launch is some sort of coordination between them, at least as far as
assisting newcomers to discover projects they can usefully contribute to."
This is part of a bigger project called GeoSocial, which would be
introduced at the Sao Paulo event.

If you are interested to participate - in person or remotely, please let us
know!

--
Velichka Dimitrova
Project and Community Coordinator for Labs