[open-science] The Journal Wordpress

Ethan O. Perlstein eperlste at princeton.edu
Wed Jul 25 15:55:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm new entrant to the Open Science list. My name is Ethan Perlstein,
I'm an evolutionary pharmacologist at Princeton, and my lab gives psych
drugs to yeast.

Recently, I commissioned a modular, self publishing platform built on WP
from a professional web design team, and my site went live a month ago:
http://perlsteinlab.com

In the spirit of Open Science, I'd like to make my platform freely
available and open source. After consultations, the consensus is to
convert my site into a Wordpress theme via a community-based effort. I'm
looking for anyone interested in helping me, which as I understand
ultimately boils down to uploading the base code onto GitHub. However,
not being a programmer myself, I don't know how to navigate this process
and ensure that conversion to a WP theme is efficient and actually
results in a usable platform.

Please let me know if this project is of interest, and if you or anyone
you know would be interesting in using such a platform.

Thanks,
Ethan