[open-science] The Open Science Working Group needs you!

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Nov 6 13:04:37 UTC 2012

Dear All

As we have grown to over 400 people on the mailing list and activities have
expanded it would be great to form a committee with a few more people on
board to make sure the working group is as effective as possible in
achieving our mission of opening up science and scientific research outputs.

If you'd be interested in getting more involved in running the group and
our activities and projects, get in touch!
It would also be great to have representatives in local areas willing to
act as open science champions in their own countries or cities.

The types of roles we'd like to fill are below, as well as a reminder of
some of the projects we've got on the go. The time commitment will be
flexible and relatively low, but it will make a big difference to have
someone keeping an eye on specific areas! If you know anyone not on the
list who might be interested in getting involved, please forward this
message to them.

Working group coordinator (working with Jenny)
Blog Editor
Tech/Dev Lead
Event Organiser
Designer

Active Projects:

 - Panton Principles and Panton Fellowships
- Content Mining Manifesto
- pyBOSSA
- Open Research Data Handbook
- Open Science blog

Tools and activities from other working groups of special interest:

- BibServer (developed by Open Bibliography)
- Open Access Index (@ccess and Open Bibliography)
- DataHub (CKAN Team)
- Who Needs Access? (@ccess)

If you have any questions, please let me know - I look forward to hearing
from you!

Jenny