[open-science] Inside view to the story of an high impact publication

Susi Toma toma.susi at aalto.fi
Fri Oct 5 05:37:36 UTC 2012

Dear Heather,

Thank you for the comment. Actually, I think the situation with ACS is not that clear at the moment, as there have been worrying reports on their practices very recently:

http://www.nature.com/news/chemical-society-tried-to-block-business-competitor-1.11470

However, they do publish some of the best journals in my field and I would much rather see reform than a boycott, unlike in the case of Elsevier.

I'm definitely following the situation closely and will write about it if more information becomes available.

-Toma