[open-science] Inside view to the story of an high impact publication

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 6 09:12:15 UTC 2012

I have copied this to Open Bibliography. These are my first thoughts.

At present we have 2 authors (for simplicity). A uses Endnote, B uses
Mendeley. A provides a manuscript in GoogleDocs and then has to dump it out
in Word so A can add references then puts it back in Google docs then B has
to dump it into ?Latex and add refs and put it back. This is non-optimal

Let's take a Bibserver BibSoup as representing the communal references of
the paper. This can be communally built and edited (right Mark?). We have
1:1 bidirectional converters for major formats (e.g. RIS (EndNote) <-->
BibJSON (Bibserver format)). At least we can create the communal references
in whatever authoring format people want. Is there a way to solve the rest
of the problem?

P.