[open-science] data repository primer?

Simon HODSON s.hodson at jisc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 22:32:10 UTC 2012

All,

A couple of links to add to this discussion.  There are currently - to my knowledge - two projects working to produce a directory or registry of data repositories: i.e. a useful 'look-up service for researchers or research support staff wanting to know where given data might find an open and sustainable home.  These are:

DataBib from Purdue University, described as 'a searchable catalog / registry / directory / bibliography of research data repositories': http://databib.org/

Re3Data, a DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft / German Research Foundation) funded project which aims to produce a registry of research data repositories: http://www.re3data.org/

Best,

Simon.

*****
Programme Website: http://bit.ly/jiscmrd2011-13
Community Discussion List: RESEARCH-DATAMAN at jiscmail.ac.uk
Blog: http://researchdata.jiscinvolve.org/
Programme Tag: #jiscmrd
*****
Twitter, Skype: simonhodson99
Calendar: http://bit.ly/simonhodson99-calendar
*****
Dr Simon HODSON
Programme Manager – Managing Research Data
JISC Executive
Brettenham House (South Entrance)
5 Lancaster Place
London  WC2E 7EN