[open-science] Open Science Website - progress and more plans

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 13:10:31 UTC 2013

Hi All

Thanks to Stefan and Vincent for joining me in updating the website this
morning, you can check our progress here
http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-webhack

In summary:

VIDEOS
We now have videos from researchers explaining open science on the home
page, which will soon be organised into a much more aesthetically pleasing
gallery format, at which point we'll be requesting further contributions.

Please let us know your top open science video content on the web so we can
present a working group curated list of lectures/debates that people should
watch (there's a lot of content out there now, which is great, but what
have been your favourite talks?)
There is a space for suggestions on http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-webhack

CALENDAR

Stefan has made a start on a community calendar to which anyone can add
open science events using a simple form, feature suggestions and offers of
technical assistance much appreciated.

OPEN SCIENCE TOOLS

Vincent will be working on adding content to the open science tools page
http://science.okfn.org/tools-for-open-science/

If you'd be willing to help out or even just give us URLs to tool lists you
already know about, let us know in the pad
http://okfnpad.org/sciencewg-webhack

Other than some minor content tweaking, that's about where we reached.
We'll try and run another session in a few weeks but do keep adding your
suggestions for content features and tools to the pad, especially if you'd
be able to offer a little help in building or maintaining a page.

Thanks a lot!

Jenny