[open-science] Privacy and open research data

Peter Suber peters at earlham.edu
Wed Feb 20 02:18:07 UTC 2013

Here's an example from 2008. The NIH had to block public access to two
previously open medical datasets because researchers had figured out how to
use independent data to de-anonymize the two datasets and identify
individual patients.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/2008/08/nih-takes-two-oa-dna-databases-offline.html

    Peter Suber