[open-science] Privacy and open research data

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 03:59:25 UTC 2013

I am grateful for the Ohm paper and I admit that I have possibly taken too
simplistic approach. I would be able to be convinced taht some human,
species and perhaps geodata may have to be hidden as it cannot be
anonymised..  However there are tens of billions of dollars or more public
data thrown away every year in physical sciences (chemistry, materials) and
the risk in making most of these public must be very small. It will be
important to draw some borderlines

P.