[open-science] open access in Biological Taxonomy

Raphael Ritz raphael.ritz at incf.org
Thu Feb 21 15:10:40 UTC 2013

On 2/21/13 3:36 PM, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Donat Agosti <agosti at amnh.org
> <mailto:agosti at amnh.org>> wrote:
>
>     Here is a link to a paper from workshop to discuss the future of
>     Botanical Monography, discussing open access, semantic
>     enhancements and the future of publishing. It also describes a
>     domain that is at the very moment very actively thinking about
>     their future, how to publish (taxonomists have been the first who
>     not only created a domain specific JATS DTD (Taxpub), but also
>     created journal production workflows based on semantic enhanced
>     and linked documents as well as tools to disseminate the content
>     as widely as possibly and at the same time use the results to
>     create mashups for each of the species described in the taxonomic
>     work).
>

>     http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/iapt/tax/2013/00000062/00000001/art00003
>

> I get a splash page advertising the PDF, which when clicked gives:
>
> Unable To Deliver Document
>
> Sorry. We are currently unable to deliver your document
>
> Please contact the Help Desk <mailto:help at ingentaconnect.com>, who
> will be able to help you obtain your document (identifier
> infobike://iapt/tax/2013/00000062/00000001/art00003)
>
> Return to article
> <http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/iapt/tax/2013/00000062/00000001/art00003>
>

> Is this a bug or is it closed access?

FWIW: it seems to me like it's a bug as I get the same
as you despite the fact that on top of the page it tells me
(I'm currently in my office at KI)

"Karolinska Institutet University Library is the largest medical library
in Sweden. The library services are primarily targeted at the students,
researchers, teachers and staff at the Karolinska Institutet. All
subscriptions accessible on ingenta to users within Karolinska
Institutet have been purchased by the library. "

which I interpret as having access to their subscription-based
offerings in principle.

No fun ...

Raphael

> --
> Peter Murray-Rust
> Reader in Molecular Informatics
> Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
> University of Cambridge
> CB2 1EW, UK
> +44-1223-763069

Dr. Raphael Ritz
Scientific Officer

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15 A
SE-171 77  Stockholm
Sweden