[open-science] Call for OpenCourseWare to be published at SlideWiki.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Feb 24 18:02:20 UTC 2013

Am 24.02.2013 12:38, schrieb Yishay Mor:
> I have tried slidewiki, and found it a very interesting
> and promising tools. However, I have a few comments:
> - navigating content could be improved. I want to see (and share with
> others) a list of my presentations, or create a subject list -  not
> clear how to do that.

You could just create an envelop presentation, where you add all the
presentations you want to share as sub-presentations. We already do that
for the lecture series, where we have a deck for the whole lecture
series, with subdecks for each individual lecture. Also, each slide and
presentation has its own URL, which makes it easy to create lists of
presentation and share them. Furthermore, you can see all decks created
by you in your profile.

> - licence is too restrictive. I'm afraid I can't offer all my content
> under a CC BY SA licence. Some of it is subject to employer's
> restrictions, some already public under a different licence. I hope you
> will allow authors a choice of licences.

That's more tricky - we want to make SlideWiki.org really an open
platform and thats why CC-BY-SA is a requirement. I guess content
licensed under even more liberal licenses can be easily re-licensed as
CC-BY-SA - you could then just mention in the deck description, that
this deck can be used under even more liberal licensing conditions (e.g.
CC0). For stricter licensing than CC-BY-SA, a possibility could be to
host your own SlideWiki, but we haven't released the source-code yet
(but definitely plan to do so).

Hope this helps, please feel free to subscribe to our mailinglist to
stay in touch: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/slidewiki

Best,

Sören