[open-science] PLOS Tech meetup 6/6

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Jun 5 16:24:06 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I saw this <http://blogs.plos.org/tech/introducing-plos-tech/>, which
is great, I added it to my news reader right away. I so wish I could
go to the meetup mentioned!

Is there any chance that someone could set up streaming? Carl (my
spouse) has experimented with streaming twice at ps1 now, and the last
meeting went fairly smoothly. Our friend Tim worked at PyCon US with
Carl to stream the conference, and the software is open source,
<http://code.timvideos.us/Home.html>. Tim has been working with people
to get make it easier to set up. He's on freenode on #timvideos,
though keeps a very different timezone to yours. We have a friend in
Portland I could ping to see if he would help, and I can also see if
Carl would too (we are only a couple of timezones off from you). If
any of Tim's GSoC students are in the area, maybe they could help.

--
sheila