[open-science] tools relevant to scientific communication Re: software to extract text

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jun 20 17:02:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am starting a new thread so that I don't derail Donal's thread.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Christian Pietsch <
chr.pietsch+okfn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Donat,
>
> [...]
> These and other tools relevant to scientific communication are listed
> here: http://www.force11.org/tools

Under authoring tools I can recommend etherpad. It's like googledocs, but
better in ways. Mozilla and other places run pads, or you can run your own.

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/
There is also an htmlpad, http://htmlpad.org/

I also just found out about prose.io which works with github.com, which
means you can ask friends who are not familiar with git and github.com to
edit files with you as though they were wiki pages until they become more
comfortable with git and the file system, or not.

--
sheila