[open-science] PLOS Tech meetup 6/6

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jun 6 13:44:01 UTC 2013

Hi Everton,

Thanks for the suggestion and also the reminder of google hangouts. It
is probably a lot easier to set up a hangout for someone who is not
familiar with the software I was suggesting and maybe even the people
at the US meeting would set it up for the US part of the meeting.

regards

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Everton Zanella Alvarenga
<everton.alvarenga at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi, Sheila.
>
> What I know is that Alexandre Abdo, from Brazil, will make his presentation
> via google hangout to talk about open science in Brazil. It will be a very
> short talk, since in the next day we have an open science working we are
> organizing here in São Paulo <http://www.cienciaaberta.net>.
>
> Maybe you should try to talk directly to organizers and try to join via
> google hangout or suggest other possibilities.
>
> Tom
>

> 2013/6/5 sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com>
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I saw this <http://blogs.plos.org/tech/introducing-plos-tech/>, which
>> is great, I added it to my news reader right away. I so wish I could
>> go to the meetup mentioned!
>>
>> Is there any chance that someone could set up streaming? Carl (my
>> spouse) has experimented with streaming twice at ps1 now, and the last
>> meeting went fairly smoothly. Our friend Tim worked at PyCon US with
>> Carl to stream the conference, and the software is open source,
>> <http://code.timvideos.us/Home.html>. Tim has been working with people
>> to get make it easier to set up. He's on freenode on #timvideos,
>> though keeps a very different timezone to yours. We have a friend in
>> Portland I could ping to see if he would help, and I can also see if
>> Carl would too (we are only a couple of timezones off from you). If
>> any of Tim's GSoC students are in the area, maybe they could help.
>>

>> --
>> sheila

> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
> OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
> http://br.okfn.org

sheila