[open-science] A new member in the list

Vincent ADAM vincent.adam87 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 23:22:56 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As I join this mailing list, I thought I have to introduce myself.
My name is Vincent Adam, I'm a french student now based in London where I
started a phd in computational neuroscience at the Gatsby unit in UCL.
I am very interested in all the changes that appeared in the practice of
science in the last years (new ways to share software, to share data, to
get funding, to publish, to communicate, to involve citizens in research
etc...). I'm following all these changes and would like to find a way to
contribute.

In the last year, I ve been working with friends and collaborators to
develop some open tools to do behavioral experiments in cognitive science
on smartphones, and on a project to actually use them for research.
two links of projects both being built if you are interested. But I really
lack time these days, and I'm looking for help and funds
https://code.google.com/p/behavioral-experiments-android/
http://vincentadam87.synology.me/daydreaming/wordpress/

Otherwise, I've been following the work of a group in Paris called
HackyourPhd (https://hackyourphd.wordpress.com/about-2/)
whose aim can be summarized as acting to change the phd experience through
the opening of science.
I'd be happy to discuss those ideas here in london.
There seems to be a community of same interests in london I would be happy
to join.

Hope to meet you soon

Vincent