[open-science] A new member in the list

Jenny Molloy jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 00:58:52 UTC 2013

Hi Vincent

Welcome to the open science list!

Those look like really great projects, if you want help with development
you might be interested in our citizen science hackdays, the first one was
in London last weekend where we were building smartphone apps using
http://www.epicollect.net/ and linking them to the crowdsourcing platform
http://crowdcrafting.org/.
See Ross' blog post here:
http://science.okfn.org/2013/03/17/crowdsourcing-success-science-hack-day-london/

There will be more to come so watch this space! If you want technical help
in the meantime, you could try our open-science-dev list
http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/open-science-dev

I don't know of anything similar to HackyourPhD in London, but maybe
someone else on the list can chip in. I run a monthly(ish) discussion group
on open science in Oxford and you'd be more than welcome to come along to
that, the programme will be released shortly. I have a couple of spare
slots, maybe we could team up and run a similar style of meeting?

In fact I'd be really interested to hear more from anyone on the list
associated with HackyourPhD, we love to advertise open science initiatives
so if anyone would be willing to write a short blog post on the group for
the science.okfn.org/blog, that would be great!

Jenny

Coordinator, Open Science Working Group