[open-science] A new member in the list

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 22 07:16:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Vincent ADAM <vincent.adam87 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As I join this mailing list, I thought I have to introduce myself.

Greetings.

> My name is Vincent Adam, I'm a french student now based in London where I
> started a phd in computational neuroscience at the Gatsby unit in UCL.
> I am very interested in all the changes that appeared in the practice of
> science in the last years (new ways to share software, to share data, to
> get funding, to publish, to communicate, to involve citizens in research
> etc...). I'm following all these changes and would like to find a way to
> contribute.
>
> A simple way to meet people is at the Centre for Collaborative ... C4C in
Acton Street near Kings Cross (owned by UCL)  - OKF people are there most
days and we have hackathons quite regularly.

> In the last year, I ve been working with friends and collaborators to
> develop some open tools to do behavioral experiments in cognitive science
> on smartphones, and on a project to actually use them for research.
> two links of projects both being built if you are interested. But I really
> lack time these days, and I'm looking for help and funds
> https://code.google.com/p/behavioral-experiments-android/
> http://vincentadam87.synology.me/daydreaming/wordpress/

You might find crowdcrafting.org has technonology and community (not funds)

> Otherwise, I've been following the work of a group in Paris called
> HackyourPhd (https://hackyourphd.wordpress.com/about-2/)

very interesting - like their analysis.

> whose aim can be summarized as acting to change the phd experience through
> the opening of science.
> I'd be happy to discuss those ideas here in london.
> There seems to be a community of same interests in london I would be happy
> to join.

London is a very good place to find people. I have copied Kat though I am
sure she reads this list.